Regular home maintenance takes time, effort, and knowledge of what works best to keep a home tidy and germ-free. As an arduous and time-consuming task, cleaning requires specialized supplies to be completed in an efficient manner. Having a perfect cleaning kit will ensure you’re prepared when the mess strikes.
But, what supplies are essential for successful housekeeping? Is there a list of household products every homeowner needs to save both time and frustration during regular tidying sessions?
If you don’t know where to start, hiring professional maid service in Central Park is a great way to get off on the right foot. However, if you’d like to learn how to equip yourself properly, keep on reading!
What tools do I need for home maintenance?
Check out the following list of items and see if there’s a need to upgrade your cleaning kit:
1. Proper safety equipment
When it comes to home maintenance, protective equipment is extremely important. To avoid any risk of health hazards or injuries, follow experts’ cleaning advice and wear protective gear before attempting any tasks. Depending on the specific task you’re tackling, this includes rubber gloves, goggles, face masks, and more.
2. General dusting and wiping tools
For thorough dust removal from every inch of your home, you’ll need the following:
- Gentle commercial or homemade solutions: It is crucial you have a supply of all-purpose cleaning solutions and a few homemade antibacterial mixtures on hand to wipe down any surface that may have been exposed to harmful viruses or bacteria.
- Adjustable microfiber duster: A quick and easy way to give your walls, ceilings, and hard-to-reach areas a fresh look is by using a flat-shaped duster, designed to fit even the tightest spaces. Keep in mind to dust top-to-bottom and left to right.
- Microfiber cloth: Microfiber cloths always come in handy since they are long-lasting and safe for all surfaces. What’s more, they can be used to tidy, polish, and wipe up any mess around the home.
3. Floor & carpet maintenance equipment
By simply getting into the house from the street, thousands of dirt particles and germs quickly spread around. This is why you should remember to take care of your floors regularly.
Here are the things you’ll need to get a messy house under control:
- Proper vacuum cleaner: A good quality vacuum cleaner will always be worth the cost as it makes housework so much easier, leaving carpets looking better than new ones.
- Quality broom: A sturdy broom makes quick work of sweeping up debris, especially if you invest in a quality one. Angled brooms are best for picking up dust build-ups and food particles that tend to find their way into every corner of your home.
- Universal mop: When working hard on home hygiene, taking a bit of your time to sweep and mop the floors will be well worth the trouble. Repeat the process more than once a week in high-traffic areas to ensure no particles are left behind.
4. Bathroom and kitchen supplies
A successful bathroom cleaning routine involves sanitizing, disinfecting, and mopping. In addition to the supplies mentioned above, you may also find these useful:
- Stovetop and oven degreaser spray
- Sanitizers and disinfectants
- Scrubbing equipment, including sponges, brushes, and squeegees
Who offers dependable maid service in Central Park?
Are you looking for the help of industry-leading experts to stay on top of the household chores? Or perhaps you need expert advice on building perfect housekeeping equipment? Whatever your cleaning needs, don’t hesitate to turn to Clean Queen Maid Service of Westminster.
Our mission is to provide you with an array of comprehensive, tailored services and reliable assistance, whether you live in City Park (formerly Stapleton) or elsewhere within the Denver area.
Years of expertise have taught us all the advantages of keeping a home spotless, and we’ll happily take the housework burden off your shoulders. Contact us today!