Whether it’s time for a big summer cleaning or you just want to replenish your products, you need to know what essential cleaning supplies every homeowner needs. Gathering all the cleaning products before you tackle your chores will greatly speed up the whole process.
Of course, the exact list of products depends on every household and homeowners’ lifestyles. However, if you’re not certain what cleaning supplies will offer excellent results, you can always consult with a provider of home cleaning services in Arvada and the surrounding area. They can give you a few tips on what cleaning products offer value for money.
If you’re looking for ways to keep your home clean without spending too much time on it, here are some of the best products that will help with any mess in no time at all!
What are the basic cleaning supplies?
Before you head out to a supermarket, make sure to check out this list of cleaning supplies that every household should have:
- Garbage bags: These are necessary for taking out the trash and other unnecessary things.
- A vacuum cleaner: Choose one with accessories for carpet and upholstery vacuuming. Also, make sure it has a HEPA filter, as it will significantly contribute to the cleanliness of your home.
- Liquid dishwashing soap: This is an excellent ally in removing hard stains.
- A window cleaner: Make sure to buy specialized products to avoid leaving streaks on your windows.
- A set of microfiber cloths: These cloths absorb dirt and dust very well, but make sure to buy several and use a different cloth for each surface. The same goes for different rooms. For example, do not use the same cloth for the bathroom and kitchen.
- An EPA-certified household disinfectant: Disinfectants with a high percentage of ethanol are great for reducing the risk of bacteria and viruses.
- Appropriate floor cleaners: Make sure to use specialized products for each type of service to avoid any damage and achieve excellent results. For example, you should use a wood cleaner for your beautiful hardwood floors.
- Old toothbrushes: They are great for cleaning small stains and tile grout.
- A pumice stone stick: You should use this tool for cleaning toilet bowl rings.
- Knee pads: You’ll probably have to kneel down when cleaning some areas in your home. By wearing these pads, you’ll avoid any pain or discomfort, as well as coming into direct contact with cleaners or disinfectants.
- Soft scrub pads: Adding these to your supplies will come in handy if you need to scrape and remove a stain without damaging cabinets or home appliances.
- A microfiber mop: With it, you will effectively wipe the floors in your home.
- A grout brush: When a microfiber cloth or soft sponge doesn’t help, this will help you restore the shine of your surfaces.
- A plastic scraper: You can use it to wipe the windows or tiles in the bathroom and remove excess water.
- A bucket: This simple piece of equipment is very useful, especially if you find one with one or two dividers to make carrying cleaning supplies easier.
Additionally, before cleaning, make sure that you’re protected. Cleaning chemicals can irritate your skin or cause allergic reactions. So, always wear a protective face mask and rubber gloves while scrubbing away at grease stains.
What’s more, fumes from cleaners may cause respiratory problems or otherwise endanger your health. For this reason, consider keeping the windows open during cleanings so you can ventilate your home.
Where can I find quality house cleaning services in Arvada & beyond?
While you should equip your home with these important cleaning supplies, this doesn’t mean that you have to spend all of your free time scrubbing, mopping, and vacuuming. Instead, why not spend a wonderful day with your family and friends at the Center for the Arts and Humanities and let professionals take over your housework?
Here at Clean Queen Maid Service of Westminster, we use effective cleaning supplies that will keep your home fresh and healthy. With our expert assistance, you will no longer have to worry about disposing of unused or expired cleaning products.
What’s more, you’ll finally be able to avoid some of the common mistakes when cleaning because we’re here to do it for you. Our team has a proven deep cleaning checklist that will make your home sparkle after each appointment. Contact us today and forget about chores!