5 Tips on Cleaning a Bathroom Sink
When we’re cleaning our homes, you should pay special attention to the bathroom sink since it’s one of the most frequently used areas in the bathroom. This can lead to dirt and stains accumulating on your sink over time. Luckily, there are a number of tips for making your bathroom sink look new again. Or you can just give a call to a reliable house cleaning service and make your home in Broomfield sparkling without having to lift a finger.
Nonetheless, if you don’t mind cleaning, follow some helpful advice on how to get rid of those pesky stains and keep your bathroom sink clean.
How do I make my sink look like new?
To freshen up your bathroom sink, follow these useful tips:
- Use baking soda to get rid of stains in your sink. Mix some baking soda with a small amount of hydrogen peroxide and scrub it over the surface. Leave it overnight and then rinse away any residue.
- For deeper stains like rust or mineral deposits, mix a few teaspoons of salt into dish soap for an abrasive mixture. This will remove debris more effectively than basic cleansers alone.
- A microfiber cloth is also great at removing limescale buildup. Simply soak it in water (and vinegar if you’re dealing with particularly stubborn spots) and wring out most of the liquid before using it to gently wipe down your faucet.
- Try scrubbing down your sink with baking soda mixed together with olive oil if it looks dull. This should be fine for most types of stainless steel sinks. It will help restore the shine back into those areas so they don’t appear discolored anymore.
How do you get stains out of a bathroom sink?
There are a few things you can do to clean your sink and remove stains:
- Tip 1: Use an old toothbrush
Use an old toothbrush on those hard-to-get places around the faucet where dirt tends to accumulate over time. This is also useful if there’s some soap scum build-up. Using bleach safely once every week helps keep these areas fresh too, just make sure to double-check if you can use it on the sink finish.
- Tip 2: Mix vinegar and water
Using hot vinegar is another good option for cleaning out stains and getting rid of any build-up in the drain that may cause an unpleasant odor. If your sink is starting to look dull, use a mixture of water and vinegar to bring back some freshness to your sink.
- Tip 3: Use a special cleaner
If you have a stainless steel sink faucet, it may be a good idea to purchase a special cleaner that is specifically made for this type of surface.
- Tip 4: Apply lemon juice and baking soda
Try using lemon juice and baking soda in order to get rid of any stains or build-ups from your sink. Baking soda is great for getting rid of tough scum build-ups which could affect the overall appearance of your bathroom sink over time. It’s important not to leave anything sitting down in the sink too long because dirt will easily attach to it and tougher stains will result, which will require you to scrub harder than usual to remove.
- Tip 5: Rinse with hot water
Make sure to use hot water when rinsing out the drain after using the sink. This way you will help prevent grime from building up over time which could lead to dirtier areas down the road.
Where can I get a professional house cleaning service in Broomfield?
If you’re looking for some help around your house, look no further than Clean Queen Maid Service of Westminster! We have a team of experts who are more than happy to provide you with some much-needed assistance with your cleaning. Our customer service will enable you to personalize every single one of our cleanings to your unique needs.
If you need advice on how to clean the shower or would like to polish the whole bathroom like a professional, feel free to contact us. Enjoy a nice day with your family visiting Emerald Park while we do all the hard work. Call us now and get a free estimate!